How Can You Help Stop the Klamath Basin Water Wars?
We need everyone to realize how much of an impact the ongoing litigation over water is having on families, businesses and wildlife in the Klamath Basin. And the most important step to helping us solve these issues is by educating yourself on the impacts of the current lawsuit as well as the impact of past litigation.
Along with the effects of lawsuits on our communities, we need everyone to realize this isn’t only a Klamath Tribes issue or a Klamath Basin family farms and ranches issue, these are issues that effect everyone in our communities. From the top of Klamath County all the way down the Klamath River watershed, the effects of these lawsuits are being felt by our children, our neighbors, the wildlife in our area and the minds of those who don’t live here. What’s happening here is being read about across the nation, which is creating a cloud of negativity over our beautiful Basin.
Once you’ve learned how ongoing litigation and upcoming lawsuits are going to affect your communities, get your voice and opinions heard. It can be as simple as talking to your neighbors, reaching out to the leaders in your community or writing a letter to the editor. While one voice speaking alone may not get noticed, many speaking together can let our leaders know we want and need a change in how water issues are solved in the Klamath Basin.
You can also drop a line to your Senator, Representative or Secretary Zinke. Don’t know what to write? Feel free to download one of the letters we’ve created in Word, personalize it and then cut-and-paste into one of the online forms for the appropriate person below.
- To contact Secretary Ryan Zinke, please visit https://www.doi.gov/contact-us. Download a letter for Secretary Zinke.
- For Senator Ron Wyden, please visit https://www.wyden.senate.gov/contact/email-ron. Download a letter for Senator Wyden.
- For Senator Jeff Merkley, please visit https://www.merkley.senate.gov/contact. Download a letter for Senator Merkley.
- For Senator Dianne Feinstein, please visit https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/e-mail-me. Download a letter for Senator Feinstein.
- For Senator Kamala Harris, please visit https://www.harris.senate.gov/contact/email. Download a letter for Senator Harris.
- For Representative Greg Walden, please visit https://walden.house.gov/contact-greg/email-me. Download a letter for Representative Walden.
- For Representative Doug LaMalfa, please visit https://lamalfa.house.gov/contact/email-me. Download a letter Representative LaMalfa.
Finally, fill out the form below and we will add you to our mailing list. This will allow us to keep you up to date on efforts to find solutions that will benefit the Klamath Basin regardless of how the July 20th litigation turns out.